I found this list on the internet somewhere and it spoke to me on so many levels. Its part of who I already am and its a lot of who I want to be and how I want to live. If you are like me, there is a deep desire to live, truly free of being influenced by other people’s opinions about how and where you should live, how to raise your kids and most of all what happiness looks like.
So, I pass on these very uncomplicated tips to you and I hope that you will be brave enough to try on a few.
- You can be happy in a small, minimally furnished home.
- You can be happy without designer clothes, an expensive car, or fancy jewelry.
- Your kids don’t need to have everything everyone else is giving their kids.
- Finding your “tribe” of people who love and support you dramatically improves your happiness.
- Finding a city or community that reflects your values and lifestyle choices dramatically improves your happiness.
- Finding what you’re passionate about dramatically improves your happiness, even if it pays you less.
- Getting rid of excessive stuff in your life gives you more freedom than you can imagine.
- Eating simple, healthy meals is more satisfying than spending money on elaborate gourmet dinners.
- Living below your means gives you tons of wiggle room to do something meaningful with your money.
- Believe in someone bigger than yourself…you don’t have all the answers.